Share your comments on the review of the Broadband Fund
Current status: Open
Start date: March 23, 2023
End date: July 21, 2023
We want to hear from you on how the Broadband Fund can further support the availability of high-quality, affordable broadband Internet and mobile services in rural, remote, and Indigenous communities.
How to participate
There are a few ways you can participate. Please note that we will make all comments public. The deadline to participate is July 21, 2023 at 8 p.m. (EST).
Submit a formal comment online
Submit a formal comment by using our intervention form. You’ll have to agree to our privacy statement first.
Send your comment by mail
Submit a formal comment by sending a letter with your ideas and opinions to the mailing address below.
Send your comment by fax
Submit a formal comment to the fax number below.
Who is the focus of this consultation
We would like to hear from:
- Telecommunications service providers including Indigenous-owned service providers and community-based service providers,
- Indigenous communities, organizations and governments,
- Other parties having an interest in closing the digital divide, such as small or rural municipalities, consumer rights associations and telecommunications associations.
Key topics for discussion
We invite you to provide your comments on the following questions:
- Are there connectivity gaps in Canada that are not being addressed by existing funding programs?
- Is the funding available through existing funding programs sufficient?
- Should we create a separate funding stream for projects that would serve Indigenous communities?
- How can we improve the process used to evaluate and select projects to fund?
- Should we consider providing operational funding available to providers in rural and remote areas?
- Should we fund projects to make existing networks more resilient?
- How can we improve engagement between applicants and communities, especially Indigenous communities?
See the Notice of Consultation for more details.
A summary with key information is also available in the following languages:
- Cree – Moose (HTML/PDF, 98 KB)
- Cree - Oji (HTML/PDF, 286 KB)
- Cree - Plains (HTML/PDF, 225 KB )
- Cree – Swampy (HTML/PDF, 98 KB)
- Cree - Woods (HTML/PDF, 88 KB)
- Denesuline (HTML/PDF, 241 KB)
- Inuktitut - North Baffin (HTML/PDF,163 KB)
- Inuktitut - South Baffin (HTML/PDF,186 KB)
- Michief (HTML/PDF, 127 KB)
- Mi’kmaq (HTML/(PDF, 127 KB)
- Montagnais (HTML/PDF, 113 KB)
- Ojibway – East (HTML/PDF, 91 KB)
- Ojibway – West (HTML/PDF, 87 KB)
What we are hearing
- Interventions (comments we are receiving online, by mail and by fax)
- Broadband Fund – Modifications to the Application Guide, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2019-190
- Development of the Commission’s Broadband Fund, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2018-377
- Modern telecommunications services – The path forward for Canada’s digital economy, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2016-496
- Broadband Fund: Closing the digital divide in Canada
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0N2
Toll-free 1-877-249-CRTC (2782)
- Date modified: