Phone services for Canadians
A solid phone system is crucial to providing Canadians with access to a world class communications system. It is important that Canadians can connect to quality and innovative communication services at affordable prices. We strive to protect the safety and interests of Canadians by:
- enforcing The Unsolicited Telecommunications Rules and the National Do Not Call List;
- regulating telecommunications carriers, including major telephone companies;
- approving tariffs and certain agreements for the telecommunications sector;
- encouraging competition in telecommunications markets to ensure that Canadians have a choice of innovative and affordable services.
We do not intervene in the retail rates for most communication services.
- Protected by the Wireless Code
- Phone and Internet (telecom) proceedings
- Consultations and hearings
- Find a phone provider
- Make a complaint
Services and information
Your consumer rights, data plans, postpaid versus prepaid, switch providers and keep your number, roaming charges and more.
Switch providers and keep your number, choose a local phone service, find a provider near you, change your long-distance provider and phone services for people with disabilities.
Next-generation 9-1-1, 9-1-1 services for Canadians, and service provider obligations.
Handsets, message relay services (MRS), Video Relay Service (VRS), and 9-1-1 services for people with disabilities.
Register with the DNCL, who can still call you, phone calls from political parties, ways to protect yourself and topics for telemarketers.
For consumers: phone calls from political parties, and protecting Canadians from rogue and misleading calls during Federal Elections.
For industry: register, registration notices, how to contact Canadians the right away, and frequently asked questions.
Register as a telecommunications provider, responsibilities and regulatory obligations, list of registered providers, BITS licences, registration support, and alternative dispute resolution.
We want to hear from you! Help us improve access to affordable and high-quality telecommunications services in the Far North.
- Date modified: