Share your ideas: CBC/Radio-Canada programming
Current status: OpenStart date: November 25, 2019
End date: February 13, 2020
We’re seeking input about the programming of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and Société Radio-Canada (CBC/Radio-Canada) as part of the process to renew their broadcasting licences. CBC/Radio-Canada’s current licences will expire on August 31, 2020. We want to make sure that the content produced and distributed by CBC/Radio-Canada reflects the diversity of Canada’s population, while meeting its needs in both official languages.
How to participate
There are a few ways you can participate. Keep in mind that we’ll make all submissions public.
Share your ideas online
Fill out the online form by 8 p.m. (ET) on February 13, 2020 to share your comments. You’ll have to agree to our privacy statement first.
Participate by mail
Write a letter to the Secretary General with your ideas and input to the mailing address below.
Send us a fax
Make yourself heard by sending a fax to the number below.
Who is the focus of this consultation
We invite all Canadians to share their views on the content produced and distributed by the national public broadcaster.
Key topics for discussion
We must make sure that CBC/Radio-Canada continues to carry out its mandate so that Canadians have access to predominantly Canadian programming services that:
- reflect Canadians across the country in both official language communities while meeting their needs and interests
- reflect the multicultural and multi-ethnic nature of Canada, including Indigenous peoples
- are of high quality and support Canadian creators and producers
- are accessible and discoverable in Canada and abroad
- contribute to democratic life in Canada by providing high-quality and reliable news and information
See the Notice of Consultation for more details before you participate.
Take a look at the comments shared so far.
As part of the review, we’ll hold a public hearing in the National Capital Region beginning on May 25, 2020. Everyone is invited to attend. You can also listen to the audio feed of the hearing.
- Canadians are invited to share their views on CBC’s programming
- Strategic plan: Your stories, taken to heart
Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 0N2
- Date modified: