Part II television and radio licence fees for 2020-2021
COVID-19: Relief measures
The Government of Canada is waving the Part II licence fees paid or payable by licensees of television stations, radio stations and discretionary television services in 2020-2021, subject to certain conditions.
To be eligible for the remission of your Part II licence fees, you must carefully read, complete, sign and return this attestation form to the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC). You must have a MY CRTC (GC Key) account to submit the attestation.
The remission of Part II licence fees in 2020-2021 is namely subject to the following conditions:
- Attest that you lost at least 25% in revenues due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For two years after receiving your remission you will also be required to:
- continue to operate your broadcasting undertaking(s)
- comply with requirements under the Broadcasting Act and the conditions of your CRTC licence.
What you need to do
To have the Part II fees waived or reimbursed, you must submit the duly completed form before January 31, 2021.
- Save this form on your computer and fill it out:
Download the Word document (21 KB)
- Login to your CRTC Account (GC Key) and proceed via the Broadcasting Cover Page
- Submit the attestation form including Appendix A.
You don’t have a CRTC Account (GC Key)? Please visit Forms and My CRTC Account.
You are a broadcasting service and you have additional questions? Communicate with our Support line for broadcasting undertakings/services at 1-866-781-1911.
- Government of Canada Announcement
- 2019 to 2020 Fees Report
- Forms and My CRTC Account
- Service Fees Act
- Broadcasting Act
- Broadcasting Licence Fee Regulations, 1997
- Date modified: