Share your views on a request made by TV service providers to raise basic cable rates
Current status: Open
Start date: September 28, 2022
End date: November 28, 2022
We want to hear your views on a joint application filed by four TV service providers (Bell, Cogeco, Bragg and SaskTel), to increase the maximum price of the basic TV package from $25/month to $28/month, with adjustments based on the rate of inflation for each subsequent year.
How to participate
There are a few ways you can participate. Please note that we will make all comments public. The deadline to participate is November 28, 2022 at 8 p.m. (EST).
Submit a formal comment by using our intervention form. You’ll have to agree to our privacy statement first.
Submit a formal comment by sending a letter with your ideas and opinions to the mailing address below.
Submit a formal comment to the fax number below.
Who is the focus of this consultation
We encourage all Canadians to share their views and comments about a request made by four TV service providers to increase the maximum price of the small basic service from $25/month to $28/month and allow for yearly price changes based on inflation. The Commission’s decision could have an impact on the cost of the basic service for all Canadian subscribers.
Key topics for discussion
The Commission invites Canadians to comment on the questions below to help in reaching its decision:
- What are your thoughts on the proposed increase and does the applicants’ rationale justify it, in your view?
- Should the maximum price for a basic cable TV service be adjusted every year based on inflation?
- How will the outcome of this application impact your decision to continue using the basic cable TV service?
Learn more about the topics for discussion set out in the Notice of Consultation.
What we are hearing
- Interventions (comments we received online, by mail and by fax)
- Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2015-96
- How to participate in CRTC public proceedings
- Consumer price index portal
- You have choices. Demand better.
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0N2
Toll-free 1-877-249-CRTC (2782)
- Date modified: