You Have Choices. Demand Better.
You can now subscribe to an affordable basic TV package that costs no more than $25 per month (not including equipment). You also have more options to add to that service as TV service providers must offer channels both individually and in packages of up to 10 channels.
Affordable basic package
Priced at no more than $25/month (excluding equipment)
- Local and regional TV stations
- Channels with mandatory distribution
- Community and provincial legislature channels (where available)
- Provincial/territorial educational channels
May also include:
- Other Canadian over-the-air stations
- Local AM and FM radio stations
- American networks (ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC) and PBS
- Educational channels of another province or territory in each official language (if none is offered)
Pick and pay and small packages
Since December 1, 2016, channels are offered BOTH individually AND in packages of up to 10 channels.
TV Service Providers Near You
Find TV service providers in your area. See what they have to offer. Choose the one that works best for you.
What we are doing
Policies, Decisions and Orders
- Renewal of the broadcasting licences for terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings (Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2017-160)
- A World of Choice - A roadmap to maximize choice for TV viewers and to foster a healthy, dynamic TV market (Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2015-96)
- Coming into force of requirements for a small entry-level basic service and flexible packaging options (Information Bulletin CRTC 2016-59)
- Date modified: