Telecommunications costs assessment forms
These are required when filing applications for costs awards. Select and complete the appropriate forms and include them in your costs application. There are six forms in total (not all forms may be required, depending on the type of costs claimed).
Costs Assessment Forms
- Form I - Summary of Legal Fees
- Use this form if you anticipate paying or paid for the services of a lawyer, a legal assistant or articling student to do legal work on your submissions or to present at the hearing.
- Form II - Summary of Expert Witness Fees
- Use this form if you anticipate paying or paid for the services of an expert to write a report or present evidence at the hearing.
- Form III - Summary of Consultant and Analyst Fees
- Use this form if you anticipate paying or paid for the services of an analyst or consultant to work on your submissions or present at the hearing.
- Form IV - Affidavit of Disbursements
- Use this form for anticipated or paid expenses or disbursements. In this affidavit, you swear or affirm that all of the information in the documents, receipts etc. that you are submitting is correct and has been prepared according to the Guidelines for the Assessment of Costs. You also give information about your GST status and whether or not you received money from another source to participate in the proceeding.
- Exhibit A - Summary Statement of Disbursements
- This is the exhibit to the Affidavit of Disbursements. Use this form if you are submitting a claim for anticipated or paid expenses or disbursements, which include office expenses, travel, accommodation and meals taken in connection to your appearance at the hearing. An applicant must submit receipts or detailed estimates for all hotel accommodation and intercity air, train or bus travel claimed.
- Form V - Summary of Fees and Disbursements
- Use this form for all costs applications. On it, write the sub-totals for each anticipated or paid expense or disbursement category. Make sure these sub-totals are the same as on the other forms.
- How to claim telecommunications proceeding expenses
- Additional information regarding costs
- Guidelines for completing cost assessment forms
- Guidelines for the taxation of costs
- Reference Letter regarding guidelines for the taxation of costs
- Tips on how to submit application forms and other documents
- Date modified: