Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2020-178-5
References: 2020-178, 2020-178-1, 2020-178-2, 2020-178-3 and 2020-178-4
Ottawa, 29 June 2021
Public record: 1011-NOC2020-0178
Call for comments – Accessibility – Mobile wireless service plans that meet the needs of Canadians with various disabilities – Changes to procedure
Availability of sign language videos and revised intervention and reply deadlines
Revised deadline for the submission of interventions: 27 August 2021
Revised deadline for the submission of replies: 12 October 2021
- On 21 May 2021, the Commission suspended all deadlines for the proceeding initiated by Telecom Notice of Consultation 2020-178 until further notice in response to a letter from the Deafness Advocacy Association Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador Association of the Deaf, and Ontario Association of the Deaf (collectively, the DHH [Deaf and hard-of-hearing] Coalition). In that letter, the DHH Coalition requested that Telecom Notice of Consultation 2020-178 and related information be made available in sign language format.
- In Telecom Notice of Consultation 2020-178-4, the Commission indicated it would issue certain key information focused on the participation of interested persons, including persons with disabilities, in sign language formats.
- In order to better allow users of sign languages to participate in this proceeding, with this notice the Commission is issuing the following information in American Sign Language (ASL) and Langue des signes québecoise (LSQ):
- Appendix 2 of Telecom Notice of Consultation 2020-178: Questions for interested persons who wish to become parties to this proceeding, including but not limited to Canadian consumers of communications services, consumer groups, and accessibility groups;
- Telecom Notice of Consultation 2020-178-3, in which the Commission set out the procedure for video submissions; and
- The present notice, Telecom Notice of Consultation 2020-178-5.
- These videos are now available in ASL and LSQ on the Commission’s YouTube channel and a link has been provided alongside the other documents for this proceeding.
- The deadlines for this proceeding are no longer suspended. The revised deadline for all interventions is 27 August 2021. The revised deadline for all replies is 12 October 2021.
- Submissions must be filed by sending them to the Secretary General of the Commission using only one of the following means:
by completing the
by mail to
CRTC, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N2
by fax to
by ASL or LSQ video using the
- Parties wishing to file a submission by ASL or LSQ video can consult Telecom Notice of Consultation 2020-178-3 for detailed instructions.
- Call for comments – Accessibility – Mobile wireless service plans that meet the needs of Canadians with various disabilities, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2020-178, 1 June 2020; as amended by Telecom Notices of Consultation CRTC 2020-178-1, 26 August 2020; 2020-178-2, 29 September 2020; 2020-178-3, 23 March 2021; and 2020-178-4, 21 May 2021
- Date modified: