Accessibility progress reports
The Accessible Canada Act (ACA) requires regulated service providers to create and publish a progress report on the implementation of their accessibility plans. The providers must also notify the CRTC when those progress reports become available on their websites.
We will create a list of providers who notify the CRTC that their progress reports are available on their websites. The first deadline for Progress Reports is 1 June 2024.
How to notify us
Service providers must notify us that they have published their progress reports and should do so through their My CRTC account. New regulated service providers may need to create an account.
To submit your notice:
- Access the Forms and My CRTC Account page.
- Select the Broadcasting Cover Page or Telecom Cover Page as applicable.
- Log in either through your GCKey account or through a Sign-in Partner.
- Enter the relevant information for your organization (name, address, etc.).
See Information Bulletin CRTC 2022-227 for more details.
Not all service providers have the same deadlines. Providers fall into different “classes” of service that are generally based on the number of their employees. For instance, smaller providers fall into a class of service that has later deadlines than larger providers. See paragraph 4 of Information Bulletin 2022-117 for the definitions of each “class”.
If a provider falls in a class that qualifies for a later deadline, they had until June 1st, 2022 to submit a form called an “attestation form”. This form will let people know what class the company falls into and determines their deadlines. We have created a list of companies who submitted an attestation form to the CRTC.
Note that these deadlines only apply to areas within the CRTC’s mandate. There may be additional reporting obligations under the Accessible Canada Regulations.
Classes B1/T1 and B2/T2:
- First progress report: by 1 June 2024
- Second progress report: by 1 June 2025
- The cycle repeats for subsequent progress reports
Classes B3/T3 (upon submission of an attestation):
- First progress report: by 1 June 2025
- Second progress report: by 1 June 2026
- The cycle repeats for subsequent progress report
Classes B4/T4 (upon submission of an attestation):
- Due to their small size, B4/T4 entities are not required to notify the CRTC if and when they post a progress report on their websites.
Class T5 (no attestation is required):
- Due to the services they provide, T5 entities are not obligated to notify the CRTC if and when they post a progress report on their websites
- Date modified: