Telecom Decision CRTC 2020-109
Ottawa, 27 March 2020
Public record: 8621-C12-01/08
CISC Business Process Working Group – Consensus report BPRE098b regarding changes to the Network Management Guidelines
- The Business Process Working Group (BPWG) of the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) submitted the following consensus report for Commission approval:
- Network Management Guidelines Version 3.4, 19 September 2019 (BPRE098b)
- The consensus report can be found in the “Reports” section of the BPWG page, which is available in the CISC section of the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
- The Network Management Guidelines (Guidelines) were developed by CISC to provide network management personnel and trouble reporting centre personnel of interconnecting carriers with guidelines for the management of voice traffic and network events. The types of interconnecting carriers that use the Guidelines are incumbent local exchange carriers, competitive local exchange carriers, wireless service providers, and interexchange carriers.
- Since the approval of the current version of the Guidelines in Telecom Decision 2015-480, the Commission has issued a number of decisions requiring updates to the Guidelines.Footnote 1 The BPWG has therefore produced version 3.4 of the Guidelines, which incorporates the necessary changes. The BPWG added wording that summarizes the noted decisions and made a number of format changes.
Commission’s analysis and determinations
- The Commission notes that the new version of the Guidelines proposed in consensus report BPRE0098b reflects the regulatory changes resulting from recent Commission decisions. The proposed changes to the Guidelines are the result of Commission determinations, and are reasonable and necessary for keeping the Guidelines up to date. The Commission notes that keeping the Guidelines current maintains their usefulness to interconnecting carriers.
- The Commission has reviewed and approves consensus report BPRE0098b and version 3.4 of the Guidelines.
- CISC Network Working Group – Consensus Report NTRE064 regarding an interim call traceback process, Compliance and Enforcement and Telecom Decision CRTC 2019-215, 19 June 2019
- Implementation of universal network-level blocking of calls with blatantly illegitimate caller identification, Compliance and Enforcement and Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2018-484, 19 December 2018
- Measures to reduce caller identification spoofing and to determine the origins of nuisance calls, Compliance and Enforcement and Telecom Decision CRTC 2018-32, 25 January 2018
- CISC Emergency Services Working Group – Consensus Report ESRE0076 – 9-1-1 Service Outage Notification Processes, Telecom Decision CRTC 2017-389, 27 October 2017
- Matters related to the reliability and resiliency of the 9-1-1 networks, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2016-165, 2 May 2016
- CISC Business Process Working Group – Consensus report BPRE094a regarding changes to the Network Management Guidelines, Telecom Decision CRTC 2015-480, 26 October 2015
- Date modified: