Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-296
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 7 June 2019
Ottawa, 20 August 2019
Radio CLARE Association
Comeauville/Yarmouth, Nova Scotia
Public record for this application: 2019-0372-4
CIFA-FM Comeauville/Yarmouth – Technical changes
- The Commission approves the application by Radio CLARE Association to change the authorized contours of the French-language radio programming undertaking CIFA-FM Comeauville/Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, by decreasing the average effective radiated power (ERP) from 16,100 to 9,955 watts (maximum ERP from 39,300 to 23,715 watts), increasing the effective height of the antenna above average terrain from 145.5 to 186.2 metres and updating the coordinates of the transmitter site. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The licensee rents a site on the Canadian Broadcasting Society’s (CBC’s) antenna in Yarmouth. The change is necessary because the CBC requested technical changes to the antenna and transmitter site.Footnote 1
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The licensee must implement the technical changes by no later than 20 August 2021. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
- CBAF-FM-5 Halifax and its transmitter CBAF-FM-9 Yarmouth – Technical changes, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-242, 8 July 2019
- CBHA-FM Halifax and its transmitter CBHY-FM Yarmouth – Technical changes, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-241, 8 July 2019
- CBAX-FM Halifax and its transmitter CBAX-FM-3 Yarmouth – Technical changes, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-240, 8 July 2019
This decision is to be appended to the licence.Bottom:
- Date modified: