Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2016-293-2
Additional references: 2016-293, 2016-293-1, 2016-293-3, 2016-293-4 and 2016-293-5
Ottawa, 26 October 2016
File number: 1011-NOC2016-0293
Notice of hearing
6 February 2017
Review of the Wireless Code
Revised deadline for responses to requests for information: 4 November 2016
Revised deadline for reply comments: 16 November 2016
[Submit an intervention or view related documents]
Changes to procedure
- With this notice, the Commission revises certain procedural dates established in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2016-293.
- On 20 October 2016, the Commission received a procedural request from Rogers Communications Canada Inc. (RCCI) containing a request to change the dates established in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2016-293 for the submission of responses to requests for information and for reply comments. The original deadlines were 26 October and 7 November 2016, respectively. The requested extensions and associated rationale were as follows:
- RCCI requested that the deadline for filing responses to requests for information and for reply comments be extended by two weeks to 9 November 2016 and 21 November 2016, respectively.
- RCCI cited the need to have sufficient time to compile the information requested by the Commission in the requests for information received on 20 October 2016 and to write and review its responses as rationale for the request.
- The Commission considers it reasonable to allow parties additional time to prepare their responses to the requests for information and to file reply comments. However, all parties and the Commission will also need sufficient time to prepare for the hearing after final replies are filed.
- Accordingly, the Commission revises certain procedural dates set out in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2016-293. For ease of reference, the relevant paragraphs of the notice (paragraphs 24 and 25) are reproduced below, with changes highlighted in bold italics.
- The Commission intends to request additional information, in the form of interrogatories, from any party to the proceeding, following the initial intervention period. Responses to requests for information are to be filed with the Commission by 4 November 2016.
- All parties may file reply comments to parties’ interventions and responses to requests for information with the Commission by 16 November 2016.
- Review of the Wireless Code, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2016-293, 28 July 2016, as amended by Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2016-293-1, 23 September 2016
- Date modified: