Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2011-348-3
Additional references: Telecom Notices of Consultation 2011-348, 2011-348-1, 2011-348-2 and 2011-348-4
Ottawa, 21 December 2011
Call for comments
Review of regulatory framework for the small incumbent local exchange carriers and related matters
File number: 8663-C12-201108754
Changes to procedure
1. With this notice, the Commission revises the procedural dates established in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2011-348-2.
2. By letter dated 6 December 2011, l’Association des Compagnies de téléphone du Québec inc. (ACTQ) and the Ontario Telecommunications Association (OTA) requested a six-week extension to the date established in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2011-348-2 for the filing of proposals (the ACTQ/OTA request). Specifically, ACTQ/OTA requested that this date be changed from 11 January to 22 February 2012 in light of, among other things, implications associated with Telecom Decision 2011-733 and certain resource requirements of ACTQ/OTA associated with the public hearing conducted pursuant to Telecom Notice of Consultation 2011-206.
3. On 7 December 2011, Commission staff issued a letter asking for comments regarding the ACTQ/OTA request. Comments were received from MTS Allstream Inc. and TBayTel, both of which supported the ACTQ/OTA request.
4. The Commission notes that no party objected to the ACTQ/OTA request and that no party would be disadvantaged if the request were granted. The Commission therefore considers the ACTQ/OTA request to be reasonable.
5. In light of the above, the Commission revises the procedural dates for this proceeding as set out below. The revised paragraphs of Telecom Notice of Consultation 2011-348-2 follow for ease of reference (changes are in bold italics).
- Any interested person who wishes merely to file written comments in this proceeding, but does not wish to become a party to the proceeding, may do so by using this comments link or by writing to the Secretary General (by mail: CRTC, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0N2; by fax: 819-994-0218) by 22 May 2012. Such persons will not receive copies of the various submissions and will not be permitted to ask or answer interrogatories.
- The small ILECs are directed to file proposals with respect to the issues identified in paragraphs 24 and 25 above, by 22 February 2012.
- Other interested persons who wish to become parties to this proceeding must file an intervention with the Commission regarding the above-noted issues, by
22 February 2012. In accordance with section 26 of the Rules of Procedure, the intervention must explicitly state that the person wishes to be considered an intervener.
- Shortly thereafter, the Commission will post the interventions on its website. All documents required to be served on a party or parties to the proceeding must be served using the contact information contained in the interventions.
- The Commission and parties may request information, in the form of interrogatories, from parties, including the small ILECs, with respect to the issues in this proceeding. In accordance with section 73 of the Rules of Procedure, the requesting party must file its request for information with the Commission on or before 14 March 2012, and must serve the request on the party to whom it is addressed.
- Responses to requests for information from other parties or the Commission are to be filed with the Commission and served on all parties by 4 April 2012.
- Requests by parties for further responses to the interrogatories posed in their requests for information, specifying in each case why a further response is both relevant and necessary, and requests for public disclosure of information that has been designated confidential, setting out in each case the reasons for disclosure, must be filed with the Commission and served on the relevant party or parties by 16 April 2012.
- Written responses to requests for further responses to interrogatories and for public disclosure must be filed with the Commission and served on the party or parties making the request by 23 April 2012.
- Determinations will be issued regarding requests for further information and public disclosure as soon as possible. Any information to be provided pursuant to such determinations must be filed with the Commission and served on all parties by 7 May 2012.
- All parties may file final written arguments with the Commission on any matter within the scope of this proceeding, serving copies on all other parties, by
22 May 2012. Final arguments, including an executive summary, are not to exceed 15 pages.
- All parties may file written reply arguments with the Commission on any matter within the scope of this proceeding, serving copies on all other parties, by
29 May 2012. Reply arguments, including an executive summary, are not to exceed 15 pages.
- ACTQ/OTA/CityWest – Application to review and vary Telecom Regulatory Policy 2011-291 regarding determinations affecting small incumbent local exchange carriers, Telecom Decision CRTC 2011-733, 28 November 2011
- Review of regulatory framework for the small incumbent local exchange carriers and related matters, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC
2011-348, 26 May 2011, as amended by Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2011-348-1, 5 July 2011, and by Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2011-348-2, 28 November 2011
- Proceeding to review network interconnection matters, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2011-206, 23 March 2011, as amended by Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2011-206-1, 3 May 2011
- Date modified: