ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2010-503
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 22 July 2010
La Cie de Téléphone de Courcelles Inc., CoopTel, Sogetel inc., Téléphone Milot inc., and La Compagnie de Téléphone Upton Inc. - Introduction of services for interexchange service providers and PIC/CARE Access Customer Handbooks
File numbers: 8643-S4-201008400, 8643-C41-201008433, 8643-U2-201011171, and 8643-C4-201010002
La Cie de Téléphone de Courcelles Inc. Tariff Notices 33, 33A, and 33B
CoopTel Tariff Notices 68 and 68A
Sogetel inc. Tariff Notices 141 and 141A
Téléphone Milot inc. Tariff Notices 48 and 48A
La Compagnie de Téléphone Upton Inc. Tariff Notices 43, 43A, and 43B
1. The Commission received requests to introduce services for interexchange service providers (IXSPs) and approve the respective Primary Interexchange Carrier/Customer Account Record Exchange Access Customer Handbooks (PIC/CARE Access Customer Handbooks) of the following companies:
- La Cie de Téléphone de Courcelles Inc. (Courcelles), applications dated
13 May and 16 June 2010, and amended on 17, 22, and 29 June 2010;
- CoopTel, applications dated 14 May 2010 and amended on 4 June 2010;
- Sogetel inc. (Sogetel) and Téléphone Milot inc. (Milot), applications dated 14 May 2010 and amended on 3 June 2010; and
- La Compagnie de Téléphone Upton Inc. (Upton), applications dated
25 May and 22 June 2010, and amended on 22 June and 13 July 2010.
Hereafter, these companies will be referred to collectively as the small incumbent local exchange carriers (small ILECs).
Services for IXSPs
2. The small ILECs proposed to include the following services for IXSPs in their respective General Tariffs:
- equal access charge;
- direct connection rate;
- trunking rates;
- access services for interconnection with interexchange carriers;
- billing and collection service; and
- billing and collection service by the rebiller to the eligible service provider.
3. The small ILECs indicated that they had been offering these services in their respective incumbent territories under the General Tariff of the Société d’administration des tarifs d’accès des télécommunicateurs (SATAT), since SATAT was making the tariff filings for these services on their behalf. In response to SATAT’s 20 May 2010 application to withdraw its General Tariff, the small ILECs made the above-mentioned proposal.
4. The Commission notes that it approved the withdrawal of SATAT’s General Tariff in Telecom Order 2010-502. The Commission also notes that the terms of service and the rates proposed by the small ILECs are identical to those already approved by the Commission for SATAT.
5. Given that these services will continue to be offered to IXSPs in the small ILECs’ respective incumbent territories, the Commission concludes that it is appropriate to approve the introduction of the above-mentioned services for IXSPs in the small ILECs’ respective General Tariffs.
PIC/CARE Access Customer Handbooks
6. The small ILECs indicated that they currently comply with the procedures for PIC/CARE access set out in SATAT’s PIC/CARE Access Customer Handbook. As a result of SATAT’s 26 May 2010 application to withdraw its PIC/CARE Access Customer Handbook, the small ILECs proposed the approval of their own PIC/CARE Access Customer Handbooks.
7. The Commission notes that it approved the withdrawal of SATAT’s PIC/CARE Access Customer Handbook in Telecom Order 2010-502. The Commission also notes that the procedures proposed by the small ILECs for PIC/CARE access are identical to those already approved by the Commission for SATAT. The Commission further notes that each small ILEC’s PIC/CARE Access Customer Handbook sets out the guidelines for the exchange of information between small ILECs and IXSPs.
8. In July 2000, the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) Business Process Working Group developed a model PIC/CARE access customer handbook (CISC model) for use by the telecommunications industry. The Commission approved the latest updates to the model in Telecom Decision 2007-121.
9. The Commission considers that it is important for the small ILECs to continue to comply with the PIC/CARE access procedures established by the Commission. The Commission finds that the PIC/CARE Access Customer Handbooks filed by the small ILECs are consistent with the latest version of the CISC model, provide the necessary information with respect to PIC processing, and are consistent with PIC/CARE access customer handbooks recently approved for other companies.
10. In light of the above, the Commission approves on an interim basis the introduction of services for IXSPs in the respective General Tariffs of Courcelles, CoopTel, Sogetel, Milot, and Upton, effective the date of this order. The Commission also approves on an interim basis the PIC/CARE Access Customer Handbooks filed by Courcelles, CoopTel, Sogetel, Milot, and Upton, effective the date of this order.
- Société d’administration des tarifs d’accès des télécommunicateurs -Withdrawal of General Tariff and PIC/CARE Access Customer Handbook, Telecom Order CRTC 2010-502, 22 July 2010
- CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee -Consensus items, Telecom Decision CRTC 2007-121, 3 December 2007
- Date modified: