Surveys and Statistics
Part of the obligations of a CRTC broadcast licensee is to provide us with data relating to their financial details. This is to ensure that our licensees remain financially viable and are able to continue to meet the conditions of their license.
There are many surveys conducted by the CRTC. The data requested is filed using the CRTC's Data Collection System (DCS).
Data for processes are collected for the CRTC alone or by the CRTC along with Statistics Canada. Full details of the administrative changes to broadcasting and telecommunications industry data collection can be found in Broadcasting Circular CRTC 2007-7 and Telecom Circular CRTC 2007-17.
- Financial Summaries for Broadcasting Sector
- Video-on-demand - Aggregate Statistical Data
- Aggregate Annual Returns for Large Broadcasters pursuant to Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-560
- Production reports by large ownership groups
- Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2011-59-1
- Date modified: