Telecom Order CRTC 2022-277
Ottawa, 11 October 2022
Videotron Ltd. – Approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Videotron Ltd. TN 60
General Tariff – Destandardization of aggregated 1.5 Giga service and withdrawal of disaggregated 1.5 Giga service for Third-Party Internet Access Services
22 June 2022 11 October 2022
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- On 22 June 2022, Québecor Media Inc., on behalf of Videotron Ltd. (Videotron) requested in a procedural letter that the Commission remove its obligation (as determined in Telecom Order 2022-97) to submit a cost study for the aggregated 1.5 Giga service speed tier that Videotron proposed to destandardize in Tariff Notice (TN) 60. On 14 July 2022, Videotron further requested that the Commission suspend this obligation until the Commission has rendered a decision regarding TN 60. The Commission issued a letter, dated 22 July 2022, in which it approved on an interim basis Videotron’s request from 14 July 2022, pending the Commission’s determination regarding TN 60. The Commission approves on a final basis, effective 11 October 2022, the removal of Videotron’s obligation to submit a cost study for the aggregated 1.5 Giga service speed tier.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the approval of the application to destandardize the aggregated 1.5 Giga service will not adversely impact competition because Videotron no longer offers equivalent services to new retail customers; existing wholesale and retail customers will be grandfathered. Further, approval of the request to withdraw the disaggregated 1.5 Giga service will not adversely impact competition because Videotron no longer offers this service to its own retail customers and there are no existing wholesale customers of this service.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Videotron Ltd. – Reintroduction of the aggregated Giga service and of the disaggregated Giga service and introduction of the aggregated 1.5 Giga service and of the disaggregated 1.5 Giga service, Telecom Order CRTC 2022-97, 5 April 2022
- Date modified: