Telecom Order CRTC 2021-20
Ottawa, 20 January 2021
Northwestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Table of Tariff Applications Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1103
Special Services Tariff – Introduction of Basic 9-1-1 Service, Northern Rockies Regional Municipality, British Columbia
30 October 2020 2 December 2020
- The Commission received interventions with respect to the application from Northern Rockies Regional Municipality; Fort Nelson First Nation; Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, Government of British Columbia; and Mike Gilbert, resident of Fort Nelson, B.C.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that final approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote consumer interests and innovation, because it will (i) provide emergency services to residents in the Northern Rockies Regional Municipality of British Columbia where such services were previously lacking; and (ii) ensure that customers have access to high quality telecommunications services, including emergency services.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: