Broadcasting Procedural Letter addressed to Denis Labreche (Carlsbad Springs Community Association Inc.)
Ottawa, 16 April 2020
Carlsbad Springs Community Association Inc.
5556 Piperville Road
Carlsbad Springs, ON K0A 1K0
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: Application 2019-1145-4 - CJRO-FM Carlsbad Springs, ON to add a rebroadcasting transmitter in Embrun
Dear Mr. Labreche,
This is in reference to the above-noted application by Carlsbad Springs Community Association Inc. for an amendment to the broadcasting licence of CJRO-FM Carlsbad Springs, in order to add a transmitter in Embrun that would rebroadcast the programming of CJRO-FM.
In order to assess this application, please address the following questions:
- The Carlsbad Springs Community Association Bylaws, signed 17 April 2018, states that members must be persons who reside in Carlsbad Springs and those residing outside of Carlsbad Springs, who supports the purpose of the Association, can apply to the Executive Committee to be recognized as an Associate Member, but not have the right to vote.
- The campus and community radio policy, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-499, defines a community radio as a station that is owned, operated, managed and controlled by a not-for-profit organization that provides for membership, management, operation and programming primarily by members of the community served.
- Given that this application is a request to add a rebroadcasting transmitter in Embrun, Ontario, please comment on how the community station will meet the requirements of the campus and community radio policy.
- In the application submitted 13 February 2018, the programming committee consisted of members representing Carlsbad Springs and Vars. Please comment on how community members will be represented in the programming committee if a new rebroadcasting transmitter is placed in Embrun, Ontario.
Commission staff request the aforementioned information by no later than 6 May 2020.
In light of the above, the timetable for the Part 1 process for the above-noted application will be modified as follows:
- Any interest parties may file a response by 11 May 2020.
- Carlsbad Springs Community Association Inc. may file a reply to any interventions received by 21 May 2020.
The Commission requires the response or other documents to be submitted electronically by using the secured service “My CRTC Account” (Partner Log In or GCKey) and filling the “Broadcasting and Telecom Cover page” or the “Broadcasting Cover Page” located on this web page. Also on this web page you will find information on the submission of applications to the Commission “Filing Broadcasting and Canadian Program Certification documents with the CRTC: Privacy and Security”.
A copy of this letter and all related correspondence will be added to the public record of the proceeding.
Should you need further information concerning this application, please do not hesitate to contact me by telephone at 819-639-3173, by fax at 819-994-0218 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Analyst, Radio Policy & Applications
- Date modified: