Broadcasting Commission Letter addressed to Matthew McBride (CKPM-FM Radio Ltd.)
Ottawa, 10 July 2019
By E-Mail: email@example.com
CKPM-FM Radio Ltd.
3860 Richmond Street
Richmond, British Columbia
RE: Broadcasting application Licence renewal for CKPM-FM Port Moody, British Columbia (2018-0695-2) – Off-air notification
This is in reference to the above-noted application by CKPM-FM Radio Ltd. to renew the broadcasting licence for the English-language commercial radio station CKPM-FM Port Moody, which expires 31 August 2019.
In a letter dated 5 July 2019, the licensee informed the Commission that CKPM-FM Port Moody was taken off-air on June 27, 2019. CKPM-FM Port Moody indicated that following unsuccessful negotiation of the antenna site lease, its tenancy was terminated. It added that the station will be off-air until such time as an approved alternate broadcast site can be established.
In order to continue the analysis of the licence renewal application, you are required to provide the following additional information:
- Explain in detail the circumstances of this situation.
- Explain why the station was suddenly taken off-air by the landlord on June 27, 2019.
- File the terminated lease, which should indicate its expiry date, or the documents that terminated the lease.
- Indicate the next steps for the station’s operations and when it is expected to be back on the air. Further, describe any initiative that has been attempted in the search of a new broadcasting site.
- Furthermore, explain why the Commission should renew the broadcasting licence for CKPM-FM (which expires on 31 August 2019), in light of the various instances of apparent non-compliance identified in letters dated 14 May and 5 June 2019 and the fact that the station is currently not in operation.
It is necessary to obtain this information from the applicant in order to provide for a complete record.
The information requested herein should be submitted to the Commission by no later than 17 July 2019.
The Commission requires the response or other documents to be submitted electronically by using the secured service “My CRTC Account” (Partner Log In or GCKey) and filling the “Broadcasting and Telecom Cover page” or the “Broadcasting Cover Page” located on this web page. Also on this web page you will find information on the submission of applications to the Commission “Filing Broadcasting and Canadian Program Certification documents with the CRTC: Privacy and Security”.
A copy of this letter and all related correspondence will be added to the public record of the proceeding.
Should you need further information concerning this application, please do not hesitate to contact me by telephone at 819-997-4453, by fax at 819-994-0218 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Radio Analyst
CRTC - Radio Policy & Applications
- Date modified: