Broadcasting Procedural Letter addressed to Gaël Corbineau (Radio communautaire du Labrador inc.)
Ottawa, 15 May 2019
BY E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Gaël Corbineau
Radio communautaire du Labrador inc.
308 Hudson Drive
Labrador City, NL
RE: Broadcasting application Licence renewal 2018-1102-6 CJRM-FM Labrador City and its transmitter CKIJ-FM St. John’s (Newfoundland and Labrador)
Dear Mr. Corbineau,
This is in reference to the above-noted application by Radio communautaire du Labrador Inc. (Radio Labrador) to renew the broadcasting licence for the French-language community radio station CJRM-FM Labrador City and its transmitter CKIJ-FM St. John’s, which expires 31 August 2019.
Commission staff was informed that CJRM-FM and its transmitter are currently off the air. In order to continue the analysis of the licence renewal application, the Commission requires the following additional information.
- Please confirm whether the station is currently on or off the air.
- If the station is off the air;
- Please explain the circumstances of this situation.
- Please indicate the date the station ceased being on the air?
- Please indicate the next steps for the station’s operations and when it is expected to be back on the air.
- Did the station experience any other off-air periods during its current licence term? If so, please fill out the following table by specifying the period in which the station was off the air, the cause of the disruption of the service, and the measures you took to rectify the situation.
CJRM-FM - Labrador City - Periods off-air
Start date and time End date and time Cause of disruption of service Measures to rectify the situation
- Please justify the revenues of National Advertising Sales identified in annual reports filed with the Commission for the broadcast years 2015-2016, 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 if the station was off the air during those years.
It is necessary to obtain this information from the applicant in order to provide for a complete record and for the Commission to make a determination with respect to the licence renewal.
The information requested herein should be submitted to the Commission by no later than 22 May 2019, in order for the Commission to proceed with your licence renewal application.
The intervention period for this proceeding will be re-opened for additional comments from all parties with respect only to the new information to be filed, as follows: until 29 May 2019 to submit interventions. Comments must be limited to the new information.
Interested persons have
Radio Labrador will have until 5 June 2019 to reply to any interventions.
The Commission requires the response or other documents to be submitted electronically by using the secured service “My CRTC Account” (Partner Log In or GCKey) and filling the “Broadcasting and Telecom Cover page” or the “Broadcasting Cover Page” located on this web page. Also on this web page you will find information on the submission of applications to the Commission “Filing Broadcasting and Canadian Program Certification documents with the CRTC: Privacy and Security”.
A copy of this letter and all related correspondence will be added to the public record of the proceeding.
Should you need further information concerning this application, please do not hesitate to contact me by telephone at 819-997-5311, by fax at 819-994-0218 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Analyst, Radio Policy & Applications
- Date modified: