Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2018-214-1
References : 2018-214 et 2018-214-2
Ottawa, 31 July 2018
Public record: 1011-NOC2018-0214
Call for comments
Review of the price cap and local forbearance regimes
Revised deadline for submission of interventions: 10 October 2018
Changes to procedure
- With this notice, the Commission revises the procedural dates established in Review of the price cap and local forbearance regimes, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2018-214, 26 June 2018 (Telecom Notice of Consultation 2018-214).
- By letter dated 13 July 2018, the Independent Telecommunications Providers Association (ITPA) requested that the Commission extend the filing dates set out in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2018-214 by four weeks, such that the deadline for filing initial interventions with the Commission would be 10 October 2018, and each of the subsequent deadlines would be adjusted accordingly, taking into account any further adjustments resulting from the holiday period from 21 December 2018 to 7 January 2019.
- The ITPA argued that the issues in the proceeding are significant and complex, and that they will have a material financial impact on ITPA members. The ITPA indicated that as a result, significant effort would be required to develop its positions on these issues, and that it requires additional time given that it currently has limited resources due to the summer season.
- The Public Interest Advocacy Centre, Northwestel Inc., Saskatchewan Telecommunications, and TBayTel supported the ITPA’s request.
- The Commission considers that it would be in the public interest, and would not prejudice any party to the proceeding, to (i) allow parties and interested persons additional time to prepare their initial interventions, as well as to prepare requests for information following the intervention stage, and (ii) modify the subsequent deadlines in the proceeding.
- Accordingly, the Commission revises the procedural dates set out in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2018-214. For ease of reference, the relevant paragraphs of the notice are reproduced below, with changes highlighted in bold italics.
35. The large ILECs, the small ILECs, and Northwestel are made parties to this proceeding and may file interventions with the Commission by 10 October 2018.
36. Interested persons who wish to become parties to this proceeding must file an intervention with the Commission regarding the above-noted issues by 10 October 2018. The intervention must be filed in accordance with section 26 of the Rules of Procedure.
39. The Commission and parties may request information, in the form of interrogatories, from any party to the proceeding. The requesting party must file its request for information with the Commission, and serve the request on the party to whom it is addressed, by 19 November 2018.
40. Responses to requests for information are to be filed with the Commission, and served on the parties making the requests, by 19 December 2018.
41. Parties may request (i) further responses to interrogatories, specifying in each case why a further response is necessary, and (ii) the public disclosure of information that has been designated confidential, setting out in each case the reasons for disclosure. These requests must be filed with the Commission, and served on the parties to whom they are addressed, by 15 January 2019.
42. Responses to requests for further responses to interrogatories and responses to requests for public disclosure must be filed with the Commission, and served on the parties making the requests, by 22 January 2019.
43. Determinations regarding requests for further responses and requests for public disclosure will be issued as soon as possible. Any information to be provided pursuant to such determinations must be filed with the Commission, and served on the parties making the requests, by 8 February 2019.
44. All parties may file final submissions with the Commission on any matter within the scope of this proceeding, by 22 February 2019. Final submissions, including an executive summary, are not to exceed 15 pages.
45. All parties may file final replies with the Commission, by 8 March 2019. Final replies, including an executive summary, are not to exceed 10 pages.
- Date modified: