Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-202
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 21 March 2018
Ottawa, 6 June 2018
Lewis Birnberg Hanet, LLP
Public record for this application: 2018-0164-7
Addition of Travelxp 4K to the List of non-Canadian programming services and stations authorized for distribution
- The Commission approves an application from Lewis Birnberg Hanet, LLP (LBH), acting as the Canadian sponsor, to add the non-Canadian service Travelxp 4K to the List of non-Canadian programming services and stations authorized for distribution (the list). The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application. The revised list can be found on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca and may be obtained in hard copy on request.
- LBH described Travelxp 4K as a 24-hour general interest, English-language service that provides programming related to travel and tourism that is broadcast in 4K high dynamic range (HDR). Its target audience is early adopters of 4K HDR display technology who are interested in travel, vacation destinations, backpacking treks and historical locales. The service originates from India.
- LBH’s application is in line with the Commission’s general approach, as set out in Broadcasting Public Notice 2008-100 and reiterated in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2015-96, regarding the addition of non-Canadian English- and French-language services to the list. Further, based on the record of the proceeding and in the absence of opposing interventions, the Commission finds that Travelxp 4K will not be competitive with any Canadian discretionary television services.
- Let’s Talk TV – A World of Choice – A roadmap to maximize choice for TV viewers and to foster a healthy, dynamic TV market, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2015-96, 19 March 2015
- Regulatory frameworks for broadcasting distribution undertakings and discretionary programming services – Regulatory policy, Broadcasting Public Notice CRTC 2008-100, 30 October 2008
- Date modified: