Telecom Decision CRTC 2017-108
Ottawa, 21 April 2017
File number: 8621-C12-01/08
CISC Business Process Working Group – Consensus report BPRE095a regarding revisions to the On-boarding of New Trading Partners Guide
- On 23 January 2017, the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) Business Process Working Group (BPWG) submitted the following consensus report for Commission approval:
- On-boarding of New Trading Partners Guide Version 1.3 (BPRE095a)
- The On-boarding of New Trading Partners Guide (the Guide) provides a high-level summary of the requirements that companies must fulfill to become competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs) and wireless service providers.
- The BPWG outlined some of the key updates to the Guide in its consensus report, including updated filing obligations, acronyms list, document references, and website links, as well as simplified steps for different types of CLECs.
- The BPWG also evaluated the merits of the Guide, noting that while the information it contains is available on the Commission website, the Guide gathers it in one place. However, the BPWG submitted that the Guide should not be considered a comprehensive list of obligations.
- The Commission finds the consensus report and proposed updates to the Guide to be reasonable. Further, the Commission agrees with the BPWG that the Guide should not be considered a comprehensive list of obligations, and notes that the Commission’s website should also be consulted for the relevant obligations.
- In light of the above, the Commission approves the BPWG’s consensus report and the adoption of the revised Guide.
- Date modified: