Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2016-225-6
References: 2016-225, 2016-225-1, 2016-225-2, 2016-225-3, 2016-225-4, 2016-225-5 and 2016-225-7
Ottawa, 15 December 2016
Notice of hearing
22 to 24 November 2016
Renewal of television licences held by large English- and French-language ownership groups
Deadline for the submission of final written submissions from interveners: 21 December 2016
Deadline for final written reply by applicants: 6 January 2017
[Submit an intervention/comment/answer or view related documents]
- At the public hearing held in Laval, Quebec, from 22 to 24 November 2016, Groupe TVA undertook to file information pertaining to the number of locally reflective news programming hours and locally relevant programming hours broadcast on each of its conventional television stations.
- On 2 December 2016, Groupe TVA filed the requested information, but designated it as confidential, pursuant to section 33 of the Commission’s Rules of Practice and Procedure.
- In a procedural letter dated 9 December 2016, the Conseil provincial du secteur des communications (CPSC) of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) asked that the information be disclosed by Groupe TVA.
- Groupe TVA replied to this letter on 13 December, disclosing the requested information in a revised public version of its response to undertakings.
- Considering that the revised document contains new information to be placed on the public record, the Commission will allow interveners to submit final comments relating to the new information on or before 21 December 2016, provided that they send a copy to Groupe TVA. The applicant will then have until 6 January 2017 to file a final reply, with a copy sent to the relevant interveners.
- Date modified: