Telecom Decision CRTC 2015-9
Ottawa, 14 January 2015
File number: 8621-C12-01/08
CISC Business Process Working Group - Consensus report BPRE074a - On-boarding of New Trading Partners Guide
On 7 November 2014, the Business Process Working Group (BPWG) of the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) submitted the following consensus report for Commission approval:
- On-boarding of New Trading Partners Guide (the guide) [BPRE074a]
- In its report, the BPWG proposed revisions to the guide to reflect process and task changes, add clarity where required, and include a new section for broadcasting distribution undertakings (BDUs) and Internet service providers (ISPs), consistent with the Commission’s determinations in The customer transfer process and related competitive issues, Broadcasting and Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2011-191, 18 March 2011 (Broadcasting and Telecom Regulatory Policy Regulatory Policy CRTC 2011-191).Footnote 1
- The consensus report can be found in the “Reports” section of the BPWG page, which is available in the CISC section of the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
- The guide was originally drafted to assist companies entering the market as competitive local exchange carriers or wireless service providers, and provided a high-level summary of the major requirements that these companies must fulfill in the course of doing business with each other.
- The Commission considers that the BPWG’s proposed updates to the guide are appropriate in light of the Commission’s determinations in Broadcasting and Telecom Regulatory Policy Regulatory Policy CRTC 2011-191.
- The Commission has reviewed and approves the above-noted consensus report and the proposed modified guide.
- Footnote 1
In that decision, the Commission set out regulatory measures to simplify the process when customers wish to change the provider from which they receive telecommunications (including Internet) and/or broadcasting services. Under these measures, a new service provider that the customer has selected can cancel service from the current provider on the customer’s behalf.
- Date modified: