ARCHIVED - Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2015-134-5
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
References: 2015-134, 2015-134-1, 2015-134-2, 2015-134-3, and 2015-134-4
Ottawa, 28 April 2016
File number: 8663-C12-201503186
Notice of hearing
11 April 2016
Review of basic telecommunications services
Revised deadline for final submissions: 25 May 2016
Deadline for final replies: 13 June 2016
[Submit an intervention or view related documents]
Changes to procedure
- With this notice, the Commission modifies the procedure established in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2015-134 (the Notice).
- At the public hearing on 18 April 2016, the Commission reframed the focus of the proceeding and called on parties to explore the elements that should be included in a national broadband strategy for Canada.
- In addition, as noted in the Organization and Conduct letter, any undertakings that were requested during the public hearing are to be filed by 5 May 2016. Further, since the beginning of the public hearing, various parties were issued requests for information, by letter, for which responses are to be filed by the same date. Parties are reminded to monitor the record of this proceeding, available on the Commission's website at www.crtc.gc.ca, for this additional information.
- In order to provide parties with additional time to review the new information that will be added to the record of this proceeding and provide their views on a national broadband strategy for Canada, the Commission hereby extends the deadline for the filing of final written submissions. In addition, parties will be provided with the opportunity to file final reply comments.
- Accordingly, the Commission revises certain procedural dates set out in the Notice. For ease of reference, the relevant paragraph from the Notice is reproduced below, with changes highlighted in bold italics.
65. Following the hearing, all parties may file final submissions with the Commission on any matter within the scope of this proceeding, including on the topic of a national broadband strategy for Canada, by 25 May 2016. Final submissions, including an executive summary, are not to exceed 30 pages, of which comments on the topic of a national broadband strategy for Canada are not to exceed 5 pages. All parties may file final reply comments with the Commission by 13 June 2016, which are not to exceed 10 pages.
- Review of basic telecommunications services, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2015-134, 9 April 2015; as amended by Telecom Notices of Consultation CRTC 2015-134-1, 3 June 2015; 2015-134-2, 22 December 2015; 2015-134-3, 14 January 2016; and 2015-134-4, 9 March 2016
- Date modified: