ARCHIVED - Telecom Decision CRTC 2014-632
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 5 December 2014
File number: 8695-C211-201410258
Canadian Telecommunications Contribution Consortium Inc. - Request for the designation of the administrator for the National Contribution Fund
- In Decision 2000-745, the Commission introduced a national revenue-based contribution regime and related subsidy fund. Pursuant to subsection 46.5(2) of the Telecommunications Act, the Commission has to designate a person to administer the fund, which is known as the National Contribution Fund (NCF).
- In Telecom Decision 2011-653, the Commission approved the designation of Welch Fund Administration Services Inc. (Welch) as the administrator of the NCF for a three-year period, commencing 1 January 2012.
- The Commission received an application by Canadian Telecommunications Contribution Consortium Inc. (CTCC), dated 3 October 2014, requesting that the Commission approve the continued designation of Welch as the administrator of the NCF for an additional three-year term, and the related amending agreement, effective 1 January 2015, between CTCC and Welch. CTCC also provided, on a confidential basis, copies of the amending agreement, and an acknowledgement and consent by Welch LLP.
- CTCC noted that the fees payable to Welch in the renewal term under the amending agreement are slightly more than the fees payable to Welch in the previous amending agreement without any changes in the services to be provided.
- No comments were received with respect to this application. The public record of this proceeding, which closed on 6 November 2014, is available on the Commission's website at www.crtc.gc.ca or by using the file number provided above.
- The Commission has reviewed the amending agreement between CTCC and Welch and the acknowledgement and consent by Welch LLP and finds that the terms and conditions relating to the manner in which Welch will administer the fund are reasonable and are in accordance with Decision 2000-745.
- Accordingly, the Commission designates Welch as the administrator of the NCF for a three-year term, commencing 1 January 2015, and approves the related amending agreement between CTCC and Welch, effective 1 January 2015.
- National Contribution Fund - Designation of administrator, Telecom Decision CRTC 2011-653, 18 October 2011
- Changes to the contribution regime, Decision CRTC 2000-745, 30 November 2000
- Date modified: