ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-624
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2014-544
Ottawa, 4 December 2014
Elliot Lake, Ontario
Application 2013-1520-1, received 7 November 2013
CJTK-FM-3 Elliot Lake - Licence renewal
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the English-language commercial specialty (Christian music) radio programming undertaking CJTK-FM-3 Elliot Lake from 1 January 2015 to 31 August 2021.Footnote 1 The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application. The terms and conditions of licence are set out in the appendix to this decision.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
- In accordance with Public Notice 1992-59, the Commission encourages the licensee to consider employment equity issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
- Various radio programming undertakings - Administrative renewals, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-359, 8 July 2014
- Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-624
Terms and conditions of licence for the English-language commercial specialty (Christian music) radio programming undertaking CJTK-FM-3 Elliot Lake, Ontario
The licence will expire 31 August 2021.
Conditions of licence
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009, with the exception of condition of licence 7.
- The licensee shall operate the station within the specialty format as defined in A Review of certain matters concerning radio, Public Notice CRTC 1995-60, 21 April 1995, and Revised content categories and subcategories for radio, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-819, 5 November 2010.
- The licensee shall devote a minimum of 90% of all musical selections broadcast during each broadcast week to selections drawn from content subcategory 35 (Non-classic religious).
- Where the licensee broadcasts religious programming as defined in Religious Broadcasting Policy, Public Notice CRTC 1993-78, 3 June 1993, the licensee shall adhere to the guidelines concerning the provision of balance and ethics in religious programming set out in sections III.B.2.a) and IV of that public notice.
- Date modified: