ARCHIVED - Telecom Decision CRTC 2014-6
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 9 January 2014
CISC Business Process Working Group – Consensus report regarding processes for calculating and billing local service request rejection charges
File number: 8621-C12-01/08
1. On 23 October 2013, the Business Process Working Group (BPWG) of the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) submitted the following consensus report for Commission approval:
- LSR [local service request] Rejection Charges, 18 September 2013 (BPRE084a)
2. In this report, the working group
- outlined a standard approach for local exchange carriers to bill LSR rejection charges;
- identified the LSR rejections that should be excluded from charges; and
- requested a reasonable implementation period (e.g. six months) following the Commission’s decision regarding the report for local exchange carriers to modify their LSR rejection charge processes.
3. This consensus report can be found under the “Reports” section of the BPWG page, which is available under the CISC section of the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
4. The Commission has reviewed and approves the above-noted consensus report. The Commission directs all local exchange carriers to modify their existing LSR rejection charge processes within six months of the date of this decision.
- Date modified: