ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-191
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2014-56
Ottawa, 25 April 2014
Communications CHIC (C.H.I.C.)
Application 2013-1506-0, received 7 November 2013
CHIC-FM Rouyn-Noranda – Licence renewal
1. The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the French-language specialty (Christian music) radio programming undertaking CHIC-FM Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec, from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2021. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
2. The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in the appendix to this decision.
3. The Commission notes that the licensee is operated as a not-for-profit corporation and as such is not subject to the requirements set out in section 15 of the Radio Regulations, 1986 regarding Canadian content development contributions.
4. Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
5. In accordance with Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992, the Commission encourages the licensee to consider employment equity issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-191
Terms and conditions of licence for the French-language specialty (Christian music) radio programming undertaking CHIC-FM Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec
The licence will expire 31 August 2021.
Conditions of licence
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions set out in Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009, as amended from time to time, with the exception of condition of licence 7.
- The licensee shall operate the station within the Specialty format as defined in A review of certain matters concerning radio, Public Notice CRTC 1995-60, 21 April 1995, as amended from time to time, and Revised content categories and subcategories for radio, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-819, 5 November 2010, as amended from time to time.
- The licensee shall devote at least 90% of all musical selections broadcast each broadcast week to selections drawn from content subcategory 35 (Non-classic religious).
- The licensee shall ensure that at least 15% of all musical selections from content category 3 (Special Interest Music) broadcast each broadcast week are Canadian selections.
- Date modified: