ARCHIVED - Telecom Decision CRTC 2013-350
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 24 July 2013
CISC consensus report - Customer transfer process maps
File number: 8621-C12-01/08
1. On 15 March 2013, the Business Process Working Group (BPWG) of the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) submitted the following consensus report for Commission approval:
- Customer Transfer Process Maps (Version 8.1), 1 March 2013 (BPRE076b and BPGLCTMP81)
2. This consensus report and corresponding customer transfer process maps can be found under the “Reports” section of the BPWG page, which is available under the CISC section of the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
3. The customer transfer process maps document the steps by which telecommunications companies transfer an end-customer’s service to another provider. The BPWG revised the customer transfer process maps to, among other things, (i) remove wording in relation to the safeguarding of confidential customer information pursuant to Broadcasting and Telecom Regulatory Policy 2011-512, (ii) reflect changes to the customer transfer process set out in Broadcasting and Telecom Regulatory Policy 2011-512 and Broadcasting and Telecom Regulatory Policy 2011-191 that allowed a new service provider to cancel an end-customer’s service with another provider on behalf of the customer, and (iii) remove references to the term Dispute Arbitrator pursuant to Telecom Decision 2013-168.
4. The Commission has reviewed and approves the above-noted consensus report.
- CISC Business Process Working Group – Consensus report BPRE085a – Carrier Services Group (CSG) Related Documentation and agreement updates, Telecom Decision CRTC 2013-168, 2 April 2013
- Issues related to customer/carrier services groups, Broadcasting and Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2011-512, 19 August 2011
- The customer transfer process and related competitive issues, Broadcasting and Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2011-191, 18 March 2011
- Date modified: