ARCHIVED - Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2013-338-1
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Additional reference: 2013-338
Ottawa, 2 August 2013
Call for comments
Removal of the last payphone in a community
File number: 8650-C12-201310078
Changes to procedure
1. In a letter dated 17 July 2013, l’Union des consommateurs (l’Union) requested that the Commission extend the intervention filing date for the above-referenced proceeding by two weeks to 27 August 2013. L’Union submitted that additional time is required to accommodate resource issues that would impact its ability to effectively participate in this process and consult with its regional members.
2. By letter dated 18 July 2013, the Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC) supported the revised schedule proposed by l’Union, citing similar resource concerns. PIAC stated that additional time would be beneficial in allowing it to work with prospective client organizations, including those who work with low-income and vulnerable consumers.
3. The Commission considers l’Union’s request for an extension to be reasonable given (i) that l’Union and PIAC represent various consumer stakeholders across Canada, and (ii) the public interest in establishing a fulsome record for this proceeding. Further, the Commission notes that no party opposed l’Union’s request for an extension.
4. Accordingly, with this notice, the Commission revises the procedure established in Removal of the last payphone in a community, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2013-338, 16 July 2013 (Telecom Notice of Consultation 2013-338).
5. The Commission replaces paragraphs 9 and 11 of Telecom Notice of Consultation 2013-338 with the following:
9. Parties to this proceeding and interested persons who wish to become parties to this proceeding must file an intervention with the Commission regarding the above-noted issue by 27 August 2013. The intervention must be filed in accordance with section 26 of the Rules of Procedure.
11. Parties may file reply comments with the Commission, serving copies on all other parties, by 6 September 2013.
- Date modified: