ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2012-379
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 12 July 2012
9144-3036 Québec Inc., carrying on business as Navigue.com – PIC/CARE access customer handbook
File number: 8643-Q21-201204255
1. The Commission received an application by 9144-3036 Québec Inc., carrying on business as Navigue.com (Navigue.com), dated 30 March 2012, in which the company requested approval of its Primary Interexchange Carrier/Customer Account Record Exchange Access Customer Handbook (PIC/CARE access customer handbook).
2. Navigue.com’s PIC/CARE access customer handbook sets out the guidelines for the exchange of information between Navigue.com, operating as a competitive local exchange carrier (CLEC), and interexchange carriers.
3. The Commission received no comments with respect to this application. The public record of this proceeding is available on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca under “Public Proceedings” or by using the file number provided above.
4. In July 2000, the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) Business Process Working Group developed a model PIC/CARE access customer handbook (the CISC model) for use by the telecommunications industry. The latest updates to the CISC model were approved by the Commission in CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee – Consensus items, Telecom Decision CRTC 2007-121, 3 December 2007.
5. The Commission finds that the information provided in Navigue.com’s PIC/CARE access customer handbook (i) is consistent with the latest version of the CISC model, (ii) provides the necessary information with respect to PIC processing, and (iii) is consistent with the PIC/CARE access customer handbooks recently approved for other companies, with one minor exception.
6. The Commission notes that, for procedures related to the provision of special services, Navigue.com referred to a technical manual that it submitted to the Commission as a confidential document. The Commission considers that it is impractical for Navigue.com to include a reference to a confidential document in its PIC/CARE access customer handbook. The Commission considers that, to be consistent with PIC/CARE access customer handbooks previously submitted by other CLECs, the company should indicate in its handbook that interexchange carriers must contact the company before submitting requests related to these special services.
7. Accordingly, the Commission approves Navigue.com’s PIC/CARE access customer handbook, on the condition that the company indicate, in item 14.6 of the “Local Procedures” section, that interexchange carriers must contact the company before submitting requests related to the provision of special services.
- Date modified: