ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2011-410
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 5 July 2011
Hay Communications Co-operative Limited – PIC/CARE access customer handbook
File number: 8643-H3-201108324
1. The Commission received an application by Hay Communications Co-operative Limited (Hay Communications), dated 13 May 2011, for approval of its Primary Interexchange Carrier/Customer Account Record Exchange Access Customer Handbook (PIC/CARE access customer handbook).
2. Hay Communications’ PIC/CARE access customer handbook sets out the guidelines for the exchange of information between Hay Communications, operating as a competitive local exchange carrier, and interexchange carriers.
3. The Commission received no comments with respect to this application. The public record of this proceeding is available on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca under “Public Proceedings” or by using the file number provided above.
4. In July 2000, the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) Business Process Working Group developed a model PIC/CARE access customer handbook (the CISC model) for use by the telecommunications industry. The latest updates to the CISC model were approved by the Commission in CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee – Consensus items, Telecom Decision CRTC 2007-121, 3 December 2007 (Telecom Decision 2007-121).
5. The Commission finds that the information provided in Hay Communications’ PIC/CARE access customer handbook is consistent with the latest version of the CISC model, with the exception of Appendix C, which does not reflect the latest version of that appendix in the CISC model.
6. Accordingly, the Commission approves Hay Communications’ PIC/CARE access customer handbook, subject to the company incorporating the following change:
- replace Appendix C with the latest version of that appendix in the CISC model, approved in Telecom Decision 2007-121, which is available on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
7. The Commission directs Hay Communications to file an amended copy of its PIC/CARE access customer handbook with the Commission for information purposes, reflecting the modification noted above, within 15 days of the date of this order.
- Date modified: