ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2011-332
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 18 May 2011
Bell Aliant Regional Communications, Limited Partnership – Withdrawal of Asymmetrical Digital Subscriber Line Access Service
File number: Aliant Telecom Tariff Notice 399
1. The Commission received an application from Bell Aliant Regional Communications, Limited Partnership (Bell Aliant), dated 30 March 2011, in which the company proposed to withdraw Aliant Telecom Inc.’s (Aliant Telecom) General Tariff item 622 – Asymmetrical Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) Access Service, effective 30 April 2011.
2. Bell Aliant submitted that in Telecom Order 2003-131, the Commission approved an application by Bell Aliant’s predecessor company, Aliant Telecom, to migrate the ADSL access service tariffs of Island Telecom Inc., Maritime Tel & Tel Limited, NBTel Inc., and NewTel Communications Inc. to Aliant Telecom’s General Tariff item 622. Bell Aliant further submitted that no customers have subscribed to ADSL Access Service since it was migrated and that no customers are currently using this service. Bell Aliant added that customer notification about service withdrawal is therefore not required.
3. The Commission approved Bell Aliant’s application on an interim basis in Telecom Order 2011-244, effective 30 April 2011.
4. The Commission received no comments regarding Bell Aliant’s application. The public record of this proceeding, which closed on 16 May 2011, is available on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca under “Public Proceedings” or by using the file number provided above.
5. The Commission considers that Bell Aliant has complied with the requirements set out in Telecom Decision 2008-22, in which the Commission revised its procedures for applications to destandardize and/or withdraw tariffed services. Accordingly, the Commission considers that Bell Aliant’s proposal to withdraw ADSL Access Service is acceptable.
6. In light of the above, the Commission approves on a final basis Bell Aliant’s application, effective the date of this order.
- Telecom Order CRTC 2011-244, 12 April 2011
- Mandatory customer contract renewal notification and requirements for service destandardization/withdrawal, Telecom Decision CRTC 2008-22, 6 March 2008
- Aliant Telecom Inc. – Migration of the asymmetrical digital subscriber line access service tariff, Telecom Order CRTC 2003-131, 31 March 2003
- Date modified: