ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-943
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2010-543
Additional reference: 2010-543-1
Ottawa, 17 December 2010
Cogeco inc., on behalf of corporations to be incorporated
Lévis, Sherbrooke and Québec, Quebec
Application 2010-1205-4, received 30 June 2010
Public Hearing in Montréal, Quebec
28 September 2010
CFEL-FM Lévis/Québec, CKOY-FM Sherbrooke and CJEC-FM Québec – Transfer of effective control
1. The Commission approves the application by Cogoeco inc. (Cogeco), on behalf of corporations to be incorporated, for the transfer of the shares and effective control of BC Newco1, BC Newco2 and Diffusion Newco, which are owned by Cogeco, to a trustee for a period of 12 months from the date of this decision.
2. These new licensees were approved in Broadcasting Decisions 2010-940 and 2010-941, also issued today, and are described as follows:
BC Newco1, licensee of the radio programming undertaking CFEL-FM Lévis/Québec;
BC Newco2, licensee of the radio programming undertaking CKOY-FM Sherbrooke;
Diffusion Newco, licensee of the radio programming undertaking CJEC-FM Québec.
3. The Commission approves the nomination of Mr. Fernand Bélisle as trustee. Following the transfer of the shares of the new licensees to the trustee, effective control of the undertakings will be exercised by Mr. Fernand Bélisle.
4. The Commission reminds the applicant that it must submit an application to the Commission for any extensions or amendments that it wishes to make to the proposed agreement.
5. The Commission requires the filing of confirmation that the trust is established, as well as a copy of the executed voting trust agreement, within 30 days of this decision.
Transfer of the effective control of various commercial radio programming undertakings from Corus Entertainment Inc. to Cogeco inc., Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-942, 17 December 2010
CJEC-FM Québec – Corporate reorganization (acquisition of assets), Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-941, 17 December 2010
Corus Entertainment Inc., on behalf of its subsidiaries 591991 B.C. Ltd., Metromedia CMR Broadcasting Inc. and Corus Radio Company, and on behalf of corporations to be incorporated, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-940, 17 December 2010
*This decision is to be appended to the broadcasting licences for the radio programming undertakings CFEL-FM Lévis/Québec, CKOY-FM Sherbrooke et CJEC-FM Québec.
 The agreement set out in Broadcasting Decisions 2010-940 and 2010-941 provides for the divestment of four radio programming undertakings CFEL-FM, CKOY-FM, CHMP-FM Longueuil and CJEC-FM. However, in Broadcasting Decision 2010-942, also issued today, the Commission directed Cogeco to divest itself of the following three stations: CFEL-FM, CJEC-FM and CKOY-FM. In that decision, the Commission granted Cogeco an exemption from the common ownership policy with regard to the number of stations it is authorized to operate in the Montréal radio market. Accordingly, Cogeco is not required to transfer control of CHMP-FM to a trustee.
- Date modified: