ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-941
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2010-543
Additional reference: 2010-543-1
Ottawa, 17 December 2010
Cogeco inc., on behalf of a corporation to be incorporated
Application 2010-1204-6, received 30 June 2010
Public Hearing in Montréal, Quebec
28 September 2010
CJEC-FM Québec – Corporate reorganization (acquisition of assets)
1. The Commission approves the application by Cogeco inc. (Cogeco), on behalf of a corporation to be incorporated (Diffusion Newco), for authority to effect a corporate reorganization involving the transfer of the assets of the French-language commercial radio programming undertaking CJEC-FM Québec from Cogeco Diffusion inc. (Diffusion inc.) to Diffusion Newco, and for a new broadcasting licence to continue the operation of this undertaking under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licence. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. Diffusion inc. is the licensee of commercial radio programming undertakings in Quebec and is wholly owned by Cogeco.
3. The reorganization will occur as follows:
incorporation by Diffusion inc. of a new wholly owned corporate entity, Diffusion Newco; and
acquisition by Diffusion Newco of the assets of the commercial radio programming undertaking CJEC-FM from Diffusion inc.
4. The Commission notes that this reorganization will not affect the effective control of CJEC-FM, which will continue to be exercised by Cogeco.
5. The present reorganization is a preliminary step to the application that is the subject of Transfer of the effective control of various commercial radio programming undertakings from Corus Entertainment Inc. to Cogeco inc., Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-942, 17 December 2010, also issued today, concerning the transfer to Cogeco of ownership and effective control of certain licensees of commercial radio programming undertakings in Quebec owned by Corus Entertainment Inc.
6. Upon surrender of the current licence and filing of constituting documents demonstrating that an eligible corporation has been incorporated, the Commission will issue a broadcasting licence to the new licensee under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licence.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: