ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-601
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2010-295
Ottawa, 20 August 2010
Pritchard Broadcasting Inc.
Saint John, New Brunswick
Application 2010-0391-2, received 25 February 2010
Public Hearing in the National Capital Region
19 July 2010
CJRP-FM Saint-John and its transmitter CJRP-FM-1 Rothesay – Acquisition of assets (corporate reorganization)
1. The Commission approves the application by Pritchard Broadcasting Inc. (Pritchard Broadcasting) for authority to acquire from TFG Communications Inc. (TFG Communications), as part of a corporate reorganization, the assets of the English-language commercial radio programming undertaking CJRP-FM Saint John and its transmitter CJRP-FM-1 Rothesay, and for a new broadcasting licence to continue the operation of the undertaking under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licence. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. TFG Communications is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Byanne Holdings Inc., which in turn is owned and controlled by Robert Pritchard.
3. The applicant stated that the reason for this corporate reorganization is the desire that the station and its growing success be linked with Richard Pritchard’s name rather than with earlier ownership.
4. The transaction will be effected by transferring the assets and the undertaking to Pritchard Broadcasting, a corporation wholly owned and controlled by Robert Pritchard. Following completion of the transaction, Pritchard Broadcasting will become the licensee of CJRP-FM and its transmitter CJRP-FM-1.
5. This corporate reorganization will not affect the control of this undertaking, which will continue to be exercised by Robert Pritchard.
6. Upon surrender of the current licence issued to TFG Communications Inc., the Commission will issue a new licence to Pritchard Broadcasting Inc. under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licence.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.