ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2010-296
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 20 May 2010
Bell Aliant Regional Communications, Limited Partnership – Hospital Patient Telephone Service
File number: Tariff Notice 372 (Aliant Telecom)
1. The Commission received an application by Bell Aliant Regional Communications, Limited Partnership (Bell Aliant), dated 29 April 2010, in which the company proposed rate decreases for its General Tariff Item 348 – Hospital Patient Telephone Service.
2. Bell Aliant submitted that previous rate increases for the Hospital Patient Telephone Service that were to take effect on 1 June 2009 were never implemented in the company's billing system due to an administrative oversight. Bell Aliant indicated that the costs of implementing these rate increases now, without making any other rate changes, would be in excess of the potential related revenues. The company indicated that, as a result, it was proposing to change the rates in its General Tariff back to those that were in effect prior to 1 June 2009.
3. Bell Aliant also requested that the Commission ratify the rates proposed in its application from 1 June 2009 to the effective date of the proposed tariff pages.
4. The Commission notes that the Hospital Patient Telephone Service has been assigned to the Other Capped Services basket. The Commission finds that Bell Aliant's proposed rate changes comply with the rate element and basket constraints applicable to services in that basket.
5. Accordingly, the Commission approves on an interim basis Bell Aliant's proposed rate changes to its Hospital Patient Telephone Service, effective the date of this order. The Commission will address the ratification request, and any other issues related to the application, if necessary, in a subsequent order.
- Price cap framework for large incumbent local exchange carriers, Telecom Decision CRTC 2007-27, 30 April 2007
- Telecom Order CRTC 2003-314, 7 August 2003
- Regulatory framework for second price cap period, Telecom Decision CRTC 2002-34, 30 May 2002
This document is available in alternative format upon request, and may also be examined in PDF format or in HTML at the following Internet site: http://www.crtc.gc.ca.
 Bell Aliant Tariff Notice 341 (Aliant Telecom), 3 April 2009
 The rates were approved in Telecom Order 2003-314
 Pursuant to Telecom Decision 2002-34 and maintained in Telecom Decision 2007-27
- Date modified: