Ottawa, 5 November 2008
File No. 8740-B2-200809296
Mr. David Palmer
Director - Regulatory Matters
110 O'Connor Street, 7th floor
Ottawa ON K1P 1H1
RE: Bell Canada Tariff Notice 7144 and Bell Aliant Tariff Notice 202 - Local Service Request (LSR) Rejection Charge
- On 4 July 2008, the Commission received applications by Bell Canada and Bell Aliant Regional Communications, Limited Partnership. ( Bell Canada et al .) under cover of Tariff Notices 7144 and 202, respectively, in which they proposed the introduction of Access Services Tariff Item 108, Local Service Request (LSR) Rejection Charge.
- The Commission received comments from Rogers Communications Inc., MTS Allstream Inc., and Quebecor Media Inc. on behalf of its affiliate Videotron Ltd. (the intervenors).
- By letters, dated 21 October 2008, Commission staff set out the procedure to address the applications and issued interrogatories to Bell Canada et al. and the intervenors.
- By letter, dated 3 November 2008, Bell Canada et al. noted that it needed to investigate discrepancies in their LSR rejection results for a portion of 2008 before responding to the interrogatories. Bell Canada et al., therefore, proposed an amended schedule which would also apply to the intervenors.
- Commission staff considers that Bell Canada et al.'s proposed schedule is acceptable. Accordingly, the procedures set out in the Commission's letters, dated 21 October 2008 are amended as follows:
a. The parties to this proceeding are to provide responses to the attached interrogatories and other interrogatories addressed to them in the context of this proceeding , serving copies on all other parties by 12 November 2008.
b. The intervenors may file written arguments with the Commission with respect to the responses to the interrogatories and any issues raised in this proceeding, serving copies on all other parties by 5 December 2008.
c. Bell Canada et al. may file reply arguments with the Commission, serving copies on all other parties by 15 December 2008.
Original signed by
Senior Manager, Tariffs
Teresa Griffin-Muir, MTS Allstream Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Modified: 2008-11-05
Alexander Adeyinka, Rogers Communications Inc., email@example.com
Dennis Béland, Quebecor Media, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Cabrera, CRTC, email@example.com, (819) 934-6352