Phone Services for Canadians
Thinking of changing your service provider?
Comment on an open process about phone issues or applications
Join a CISC working group
About Phone Services in Canada
A solid phone system is crucial to providing Canadians with access to a world class communications system. It is important that Canadians can connect to quality and innovative communication services at affordable prices. We strive to protect the safety and interests of Canadians by:
- enforcing The Unsolicited Telecommunications Rules and the National Do Not Call List;
- regulating telecommunications carriers, including major telephone companies;
- approving tariffs and certain agreements for the telecommunications sector;
- encouraging competition in telecommunications markets to ensure that Canadians have a choice of innovative and affordable services.
We do not intervene in the retail rates for most communication services.
What’s coming up?
Message Relay Service
The message relay service is up for review. Share your views on how we can improve it
- CRTC signs agreement with U.S. regulator to combat robocalls and spoofing (November 17, 2016)
- Date modified: