Telecom - Commission Letter addressed to the Distribution List
Ottawa, 18 November 2022
Our reference: 1011-NOC2022-0147
Subject: Addition and update to the Record of Telecom Notice of Consultation 2022-147, Telecommunications in the Far North, Phase II
As set out in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2022-147, Telecommunications in the Far North, Phase II (the Phase II Notice), the deadline to submit interventions and become a party to Phase II of the proceeding was 6 October 2022.
The Kwanlin Dün First Nation submitted an intervention on 12 October 2022. They submitted that they were unable to meet the intervention deadline, but that the consultation is important and that they wish to participate.
The Council of Yukon First Nations submitted an intervention on 6 October 2022 and requested to update it on 11 October 2022 to reflect the views of an additional First Nation. They submitted their updated intervention on 20 October 2022.
Indigenous voices are critical to this proceeding about telecommunications services in the Far North, especially when the policy outcomes of this proceeding will affect Indigenous communities. The Commission considers that it would benefit the proceeding to accept the intervention of the Kwanlin Dün First Nation and the update to the Council of Yukon First Nations’ intervention that were submitted after the 6 October 2022 deadline. The Commission is of the view that no party should be prejudiced by these changes to the record given the additional procedural steps in this proceeding.
Accordingly, the Commission adds the intervention from the Kwanlin Dün First Nation and the updated intervention from the Council of Yukon First Nations to the record of this proceeding. A copy of this letter will be placed on the record of the proceeding initiated by the Phase II Notice.
Original signed by
c.c: Nicolas Gatto, CRTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Celia Millay, CRTC, email@example.com
- Canadian Internet Registration Authority: Georgia.Evans@cira.ca
- Competitive Network Operators of Canada: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Council of Yukon First Nations: Peter.Turner@cyfn.net
- Daniel Sokolov: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dominion Gold Resources: email@example.com
- Eeyou Communications Network and James Bay Cree Communications Society: firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Mile Connectivity Consortium: email@example.com
- First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- G & V Global Developments: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Government of the Northwest Territories: email@example.com; bram@32M.io;
- Government of Yukon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hamlet of Resolute Bay: email@example.com
- Iristel Inc.: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- IRP Consulting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kluane First Nation: email@example.com
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation: David.Burke@kdfn.net
- Lorraine Rousseau: RousseLo@psac-afpc.com
- National Indigenous Economic Development Board: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Rockies Regional Municipality: email@example.com
- Northwestel Inc.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nukik Corporation: email@example.com
- Public Interest Advocacy Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rob Hopkins: email@example.com
- Shadhäla Äshèyi yè Kwädän (Champagne and Aishihik First Nations): firstname.lastname@example.org
- SSi Canada: email@example.com
- TELUS Communications Inc.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tr'ondëk Hwëch'in Government: email@example.com
- Yukon Utilities Consumers' Group: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: