Telecom - Commission Letter addressed to the Distribution List
Ottawa, 08 April 2022
Our reference: 8622-R28-202105304
Subject: Request for Information (RFI) regarding the Part 1 Application filed by Rogers Communications Canada Inc. (Rogers) for non-discriminatory and timely access on reasonable terms and conditions to the multi-dwelling unit (MDU) at 70 Yorkville Avenue
Dear Service Provider,
The Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) is an administrative tribunal responsible for the administration of the Telecommunications Act (the Act) including policies that encourage competition in markets to ensure that Canadians have a choice of telecommunications service provider (TSP).
A Part 1 Proceeding is initiated by an application and filed by individuals or organizations to ask the CRTC to make a decision on an issue.Footnote1 The Commission is presently considering such a Part 1 Application from Rogers. In this application, Rogers is requesting access to an MDU building located at 70 Yorkville Avenue, in Toronto, Ontario. This building is owned and operated by Lixo Investments Ltd. (Lixo).
Section 37 of the Act provides that the Commission may require Canadian carriers or any person to file information or documents that the Commission considers necessary for the administration of that Act. As part of its consideration of Rogers’ above noted application, the Commission is sending this RFI to gather additional information about TSP services provided to the tenants at 70 Yorkville Avenue. The deadlines for responding to this RFI are as follows:
- The Distribution List organizations are requested to provide a response to the attached questions by 14 April 2022. In addition to filing their response with the Commission, the respondents must also serve a copy of their response on Rogers and Lixo.
- Rogers and Lixo, the parties to this Part 1 Proceeding, will have until 21 April 2022 to comment on the RFI answers, and may file comments limited to only the new information provided in the responses.
Your response will become part of the public record and will be posted on the CRTC website. Section 39 of the Act and in Broadcasting and Telecom Information Bulletin CRTC 2010-961, Procedures for filing confidential information and requesting its disclosure in Commission proceedings provides that persons may designate certain information submitted to the Commission as confidential. A detailed explanation of why the designated information is confidential and why its disclosure would not be in the public interest must be provided, including why the specific direct harm that would be likely to result from the disclosure would outweigh the public interest in disclosure.
If you file a document containing confidential information, an abridged version of the document omitting only the confidential information must also be filed with the Commission or reasons why an abridged version cannot be filed must be provided. Only the abridged version of the document will be part of the public record and posted on the CRTC website.
Original signed by
Director of Dispute Resolution and Regulatory Implementation
Telecommunications Sector, CRTC
c.c.: Jane ven der Buhs, Jane.venderBuhs@CRTC.gc.ca
Angie Colomvakos, LixoProperties@Gmail.com
Pam Dinsmore, Pam.Dinsmore@rci.Rogers.com
Peter Kovacs, Peter.Kovacs@rci.Rogers.com
1. Request for information (RFI)
2. Distribution List
Request for Information (RFI)
- Please confirm whether you are currently providing any telecommunications services, including copper wire and fibre-based services, to any commercial or residential tenants of 70 Yorkville Avenue, in Toronto, Ontario.
- If applicable, please submit the following information, taking into consideration the procedures for filing confidential information where applicable:
- The total number of customers to whom you are providing copper wire and fibre-based telecommunications services, detailing the number of which are commercial and residential customers.
- The unit number for each of the above customers.
- The types of telecom services being provided to each customer including details of these service packages, such as line speed and usage limits.
- Please confirm whether you are aware of any other telecommunications service providers serving tenants or who have telecommunications facilities installed at the 70 Yorkville Avenue building.
- If yes, please provide the name of the service provider’s organization, taking into consideration the procedures for filing confidential information where applicable.
2332683 Ontario Inc., email@example.com;
412 Networks Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org;
676766 Ontario Limited o/a KWIC Internet, email@example.com;
888 Telecommunications Corp., firstname.lastname@example.org;
Allstream Business Inc., email@example.com;
Altima Solutions Limited, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Beanfield Technologies Inc., email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
Bell Canada, email@example.com;
CIAO Internet Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org;
Cloudwifi Inc., email@example.com;
Cogeco Connexion Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org;
Comwave Networks Inc., email@example.com;
Distributel Communications Limited, firstname.lastname@example.org;
EBox Inc., email@example.com;
Execulink Telecom Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org;
FGLTEL Inc., email@example.com;
Fibernetics Corporation, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Fido Solutions Inc., email@example.com;
FlexITy Holdings Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org;
Freedom Mobile Inc., SXu@FreedomMobile.ca;
InnSysVoice Corp., email@example.com;
Interface Technologies Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org;
Iristel Inc., email@example.com;
ISP Telecom Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org;
iTeraTEL Communications Inc., email@example.com;
IXICA Communications Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org;
Multiboard Communications Inc., email@example.com;
Navigata Communications Limited, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Packet-Tel Corp., email@example.com;
Primus Management ULC, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Shaw Telecom G.P., email@example.com;
TATA Communications (Canada) Ltd., firstname.lastname@example.org;
TekSavvy Solutions Inc., email@example.com;
TeraGo Networks Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org;
Xplornet Communications Inc., email@example.com;
- Date modified: