Telecom Order CRTC 2022-72
Ottawa, 22 March 2022
TELUS Communications Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date TELUS Communications Inc. TN 645
General Tariff – Introduction of Call Control
11 February 2022 25 February 2022
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(a) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote consumer interests and innovation, since it will (i) help ensure the implementation of a service that allows for the filtering of nuisance calls while not inadvertently causing legitimate customer calls to be blocked, and (ii) ensure that consumers will continue to have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a result of this service revision.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: