Telecom Order CRTC 2022-57
Ottawa, 1 March 2022
Bell Canada – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Bell Canada TN 7642
General Tariff – Revisions to High Definition Serial Digital Video Local Channel Service
17 December 2021 4 March 2022
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(b) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests by providing flexibility to customers wishing to subscribe to the new Short Duration Use options for High Definition Serial Digital Video Local Channel (HD-SDI) Service, and (ii) innovation by ensuring that customers have access to high-quality telecommunications services.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: