Telecom Order CRTC 2022-48
Ottawa, 23 February 2022
Northwestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1147
Access Services Tariff – Revision to Community Type
14 January 2022 14 February 2022
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests by reclassifying the community served by the Wholesale Connect Service from Type C to Type B to reflect the network fibre upgrades, which will result in lower rates and more service options for those customers, and (ii) innovation by ensuring consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a result of receiving the network upgrade.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: