Telecom Order CRTC 2022-287
Ottawa, 18 October 2022
Bell Aliant, a division of Bell Canada – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Bell Aliant, a division of Bell Canada TN 562
General Tariff – New contract extension provisions for Centrex IP service customers; housekeeping changes
22 July 2022 6 August 2022
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests, because it will allow customers to extend their contract period at the existing rates, terms and conditions, and will provide service stability during the contract negotiation period; and (ii) innovation, because it will ensure that customers have continued access to high-quality telecommunications services.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: