Telecom Order CRTC 2022-274
Ottawa, 11 October 2022
Northwestel Inc. – Approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1161
General Tariff – Introduction of new service speeds for Terrestrial Enterprise Internet Services – Optimized Internet Service
23 August 2022 11 October 2022
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(a) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests by expanding the range of service options available in Type B communities, and (ii) innovation by introducing higher speed tiers in those communities.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: