Telecom Order CRTC 2022-186
References: 2021-105; 2021-329
Ottawa, 18 July 2022
Public record: 1011-NOC2019-0372
Broadband Fund – Change request – Kativik Regional Government’s transport fibre project in northern Quebec – July 2022
- On 8 February 2022, the Kativik Regional Government (KRG) submitted a change request for its project approved in Telecom Decision 2021-105.
- Specifically, the KRG requested the ability to file Broadband Fund claim forms for large milestone payments related to its project’s undersea fibre solution once the payments are made by the KRG, without waiting for the next quarterly progress reporting period for reimbursement (off-quarter reimbursement). This would result in the KRG submitting claims more frequently than the regular quarterly cycle set out in Telecom Order 2021-329.
- The KRG submitted evidence that establishes a reasonable need for the off-quarter reimbursement of claims, including the nature of its project.
- The Commission considers that the change request satisfies the objectives of Telecom Regulatory Policy 2018-377, and is acceptable from a project-monitoring perspective.
- The Commission therefore approves the KRG’s change request to file off-quarter Broadband Fund claim forms for large payments related to the undersea fibre solution for the project approved in Telecom Decision 2021-105. The KRG is still required to submit quarterly progress reports as part of its regular quarterly cycle.
- Broadband Fund – Acceptance of statement of work for the Kativik Regional Government’s transport fibre project in northern Quebec, Telecom Order CRTC 2021-329, 1 October 2021; as amended by Telecom Order CRTC 2021-329-1, 12 May 2022
- Broadband Fund – Project funding approval for the Kativik Regional Government’s transport fibre project in northern Quebec, Telecom Decision CRTC 2021-105, 19 March 2021
- Development of the Commission’s Broadband Fund, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2018-377, 27 September 2018
- Date modified: