Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2022-164
Ottawa, 15 June 2022
K-Right Communications Limited
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Application 2022-0186-2, received 26 April 2022
Terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertaking serving Halifax, Nova Scotia, and surrounding areas – Revocation of licence
- The Commission received an application by Bragg Communications Inc. (operating as Eastlink), on behalf of its wholly-owned subsidiary K-Right Communications Limited, in which the licensee has confirmed its eligibility for exemption in accordance with the terms and conditions of the exemption order for terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings serving fewer than 20,000 subscribers (Broadcasting Order 2017-320), set out in the appendix to Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2017-319.
- Given the licensee’s request and pursuant to paragraph 9(1)(e) of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission revokes the broadcasting licence issued to K-Right Communications Limited for the terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertaking serving Halifax, Nova Scotia, and surrounding areas, last renewed in Broadcasting Decision 2018-268.
- The operator of this undertaking must, at all times, comply with the criteria contained in Broadcasting Order 2017-320.
- Eastlink – Licence renewal for various terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-268, 2 August 2018
- Revised exemption order for terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings serving fewer than 20,000 subscribers, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2017-319 and Broadcasting Order CRTC 2017-320, 31 August 2017
- Date modified: